CEO „Österreichische Hagelversicherung VVaG“, President of the International Association of Agricultural Production Insurers AIAG
Studies in Agricultural Economics and Law,Vienna
1984: Degree of Dipl.-Ing. At the University for BOKU,Vienna
1986 Doctorate: Dr. rer.nat.oec.
1987 – 1991 office of the Provincial Government,Upper Austria
1992 employed by the European Commission inBrussels, Directorate-General for Agriculture
1993: start of employment at the Österreichische
Hagelversicherung; Insurance company
Since 1st October 2002 CEO of the company; www.hagel.at
Since October 2011 president of the international agricultural production insurers.
The «International Association of Hail Insurers (AIAG)» was founded in 1951 in Paris. Currently more than 100 member companies from 26 countries belong to the Association. Even though the emphasis of member countries is still on Europe, the AIAG is also able to count companies from all continents.
The Association’s key objectives are:
- To organize an international congress every two years to exchange worldwide experiences and to study current challenges.
- To organize an international adjuster’s seminar every year in different countries and on different crops to get in touch with various loss adjustment guidelines and directives.
- There is a regular exchange of experience in the area of Livestock Insurance with an own working group.
- To organize study trips to get to know new Crop Insurance systems.
- To collect statistical information from the members and make it available.
- To create cooperative relationships and connections between the members.
- To stay in contact with other Crop Insurance Associations to inform the members about other insurance systems.
AIAG Official web site: http://www.aiag-iahi.org/