DISCLAIMER: Current agenda is in the process of formation. Time slots and presentation topics are subject to changes upon confirmation of speakers and panel experts.
Conference participants registration
Welcome coffee: Meetings colleagues, acquainting with specialists and experts from Europe and Asia
Official conference opening ceremony
Welcome notes from organizers, sponsors and partners of the Conference. Special notes from the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Georgia
Section: Regional agricultural insurance markets overview
1. Development of state-subsidized agricultural insurance program in Georgia. — Natalia Kharatishvili (Program Manager, ARDA (Agricultural and Rural Development Agency — Georgia))
2. Development of agricultural insurance system in Philippines: challenges and opportunities for future development. — Atty. Jovy C. Bernabe (President of the Philippine Crop Insurance Corporation- Philippines)
3. Development of crop insurance in India — Mr. Surya Swaroop Saxena (General Manager of the Agricultural Insurance Company of India — India)
4. Development of agricultural insurance in Uganda — Dr. B. Vyasa Krishna (CEO of the First Insurance Company Ltd. — Uganda)
Section: Development Cooperation in agricultural insurance and bankassurance.
Current section is in the process of formation. Presentations and speakers will be added upon approval. All changes will be communicated in regular Conference Releases
Indicate your interest or submit your presentation in the Call for Presentations section
Section: Specifics of introduction and development of crop and livestock insurance programs.
1. Drought insurance based on Satellite soil moisture measurements — Marcel Andriesse (Vice President, Senior Underwriter Agriculture, Swiss Re (Switzerland))
2. Digitalization in the agricultural sector of Kazakhstan. Opportunities for innovative approaches in agricultural insurance. — Yeldos Auezbekov (General Director, AGRIN Ltd. / Chairman of Agroinsurers Association (Kazakhstan))
3. Experience of Switzerland in application grassland drought index and climate information provided by Swissagroindex — Pascal Forrer (President, Schweitzer Hagel (Switzerland))
4. Development of a state-subsidized satellite-based drought insurance program in Uganda. — Eleni Vakaki (Remote Sensing / Index Insurance, eLEAF (Netherlands))
First day’s closing remarks and announcements
Event’s Cocktail Reception. Dress-code: Smart Casual
Morning coffee & snacks
Section: Underwriting and loss adjustment in agricultural insurance.
1. Use of public remote sensing data in crop insurance — Maria Lachenmeier (Underwriter Agriculture, AXA XL (Switzerland))
2. Monitoring Hail occurrence based on lightning characteristics — Marc Chautams (Underwriter Agriculture, Swiss Re (Switzerland))
3. Practical aspects of Loss Adjustment and Application use in field: Drought, Hail and Frost — Willie Du Plooy (MD of WWJ Agri, AgriHost (South Africa))
Current section is in the process of formation. Presentations and speakers will be added upon approval. All changes will be communicated in Conference Announcements
Indicate your topic of interest or submit your presentation in the Call for Presentations
Section: Application of technology in agricultural insurance.
1. Defining the earth-observation needs for Agricultural Insurance and Reinsurance Industry — Ola Grabak (Project Manager, European Space Agency)
2. Earth Observation Guidelines for Agricultural Insurance Industry — Ralf Ryter (Project Manager, Geoville — Austria)
3. Satellites and drones — effective monitoring tools for agricultural insurance — Nick Ohrtman (Director, Geosys — USA)
4. Advanced climate analytics for the agricultural insurance sector based on crop-specific climate indices. — Gregory Mygdakos (Project Manager, Agroapps Digital Tools P.C. — Greece)
5. Acceleration of agricultural insurance introduction in developing countries by applying digital platforms upgrading agricultural ecosystem. Use-case with the Royal Exchange (Nigeria) — Roderick Panchaud (Insurance Business Lead, AgriTask — Israel)
Panel Discussion: Agricultural insurance / reinsurance challenges — required earth observation solutions.
Moderator: Ian Shynkarenko (Agricultural Insurance Consultant, CEO @ AgroInsurance International — Georgia)
Panelists: TBD (Additional announcement will follow upon confirmation.)
Conference closing remarks. Key takeaways, prospects and opportunities. Important conference announcements.
Official reception will be held on Mtatsmina Mountain at Funicular Restaurant.
Own departure from the hotel, entering the restaurant using Tbilisi Funicular.
19:30 — 19:45 – Dinner start.
22:30 — Departure of the first bus to Biltmore Hotel
23:30 — Departure of the last bus to Biltmore Hotel
Dress code: Cocktail (no ties)
Field trip to Kakheti agricultural region of Georgia. Visit — orchards and vineyards. Practical experience exchange.
All registered participants take part free-of-charge.
The Study Tour day is planned as a full 1-day event. Airport drop-off is available for flights departing from Tbilisi after 21:00 on October 7, 2020. Otherwise it is recommended to book a flight from Tbilisi on October 8, 2020.
Further agenda updates will be communicated upon confirmation of details by speakers and panelists.
2020 International Conference "Agricultural Insurance, Reinsurance and Brokerage for CIS, Europe & Asia"
Biltmore Hotel, Tbilisi, Georgia
October 5-7, 2020
Copyright © 2006-2020 AgroInsurance International www.agroinsurance.com